American Foreign Relations, Volume 1: To 1920, 8th Edition
This best-selling text presents the best synthesis of current scholarship available to emphasize the theme of expansionism and its manifestations.
United States-- Foreign Relations, Diplomatic Relations
Diplomatic History | History | International Relations | United States History
Table of Contents
1. Embryo of Empire: Americans and the World Before 1789
2. Independence, Expansion, and War, 1789–1815
3. Extending and Preserving the Empire, 1815–1848
4. Expansionism, Sectionalism, and Civil War, 1848–1865
5. Establishing Regional Hegemony and Global Power, 1865–1895
6. Imperialist Leap, 1895–1900
7. Managing, Policing, and Extending the Empire, 1900–1914
8. War, Peace, and Revolution in the Time of Wilson, 1914–1920
Appendix: Makers of American Foreign Relations.