As part of the greater Milwaukee community and in accordance with our guiding values, Marquette University is committed to nurturing “an inclusive, diverse community that fosters new opportunities, partnerships, collaboration, and vigorous yet respectful debate.” The Marquette Forum engages students, faculty, staff and residents of greater Milwaukee in a yearlong series of inclusive conversations, bringing experts of national renown together with those from the Marquette and Milwaukee communities.
Browse the contents of Marquette Forum:
- Pathways to Educational Access and Opportunity
- For the Marquette Forum 2019-20: Engaging with the spirit that led to the creation of the Educational Opportunity Program in 1969, the Marquette Forum will explore opportunities and challenges to creating educational access for all communities.
- Democracy in Troubled Times
- For the 2018–19 academic year, Marquette University will engage in a yearlong series of events focusing on civic dialogue and the state of democracies across the world.
- Fractured: Health and Equity
- This year-long series will explore health disparities, the social determinants of health, and opportunities for achieving greater equity locally and globally.
- Freedom Dreams Now
- Inspired by visions of inclusion and a better world emerging from Black freedom struggles, we hope to look with new eyes at the challenges that inequality presents at the national level and within Milwaukee.