Journal of Pediatric Nursing
• Children with obesity face increased biopsychosocial risks during COVID-19.
• Stress exacerbates inflammation and immune response in obesity and COVID-19.
• The COVID-19 pandemic has significantly interrupted children's daily routines.
• The health effects of the obesogenic environment are exacerbated by COVID-19.
• Access to timely, comprehensive healthcare is critical during COVID-19.
Browne, Nancy T.; Snethen, Julia A.; Greenberg, Cindy Smith; Frenn, Marilyn; Kilanowsky, Jill F.; Gance-Cleveland, Bonnie; Burke, Pamela J.; and Lewandowski, Linda, "When Pandemics Collide: The Impact of COVID-19 on Childhood Obesity" (2021). College of Nursing Faculty Research and Publications. 817.
ADA Accessible Version